Adopted on 21 May 2019
Ferndown Town Council will work with other agencies to provide a safe, high quality environment to meet the needs of residents and visitors and defend the best interests of the Town for the benefit of everyone.
Aims and objectives
To enable residents of Ferndown and its surroundings to enjoy high quality social, recreational and cultural facilities within the Town and seek the continuing improvement and development of these facilities in accordance with the wishes of residents.
• To encourage and promote the economic and commercial vitality of Ferndown.
• To preserve the unique identity of Ferndown and promote its heritage.
• To ensure the harmony exists between commercial, ecological and residential requirements.
• To consult with and take due regard of all comments received from other statutory bodies, voluntary organisations and individuals, to ensure an improving standard of service to meet local needs.
• To represent the views and wishes of the people of Ferndown.
• To provide a democratic, representational voice for the Ferndown Community.
• To help create a socially inclusive and caring community, which embraces all residents, irrespective of their circumstances.