Youth Worker - Ferndown Youth Centre
Do you want to make a difference to young people’s lives while having fun and feeling like you’re
not actually at work?
Ferndown Town Council is seeking to appoint a youth worker to help assist in the running of the
Town’s popular youth facility, Ferndown youth centre-Riffs. You will be working across two evenings
a week plus some sessions over the school holidays.
A key member of the team you will help to organise and run activities during the youth club sessions,
contribute to the overall running of the session and also be key in supporting young people around a
variety of issues.
The successful candidate will
– Have experience of working with young people.
– Hold a qualification in working with young people. (Desirable)
– Have a good knowledge/understanding of safeguarding.
– Show a willingness to develop and be able to work in a team.
– Have an awareness of issues that affect young people.
– Show enthusiasm and have a good sense of humour.
– Be able to work in stressful situations.
(Please see Job description for full requirements)