ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR THE AWARD OF GRANTS
The Town Council is permitted to make grants to voluntary bodies and also to charities where no specific grant making power exists in other legislation and where, in the Council’s opinion, the grant will benefit any part of its area or any of the inhabitants. Grant aid is also available under other legislation for support for Community / Village Halls, Crime Prevention Initiatives, Entertainment and the Arts, Parks / Gardens, Tourism and Community Transport etc.
The Town Council have indicated that the following priorities will be met in its grant programme for 2019/20:
Support for Older People. Support for voluntary organisations working with the elderly.
Children and Young People Investing in young people and those organisations working with young people to provide skills and recreational opportunities.
Safer and Stronger Communities Support for initiatives to improve the town environment.
Village / Community Halls Support for improvements to such buildings.
The Town Council within the limitation of the resources available wish to support charities or not-for-profit organisations who are engaged in helping those who live within the Town Council area. Priority will be given to organisations which have a base in the town
These files may not be suitable for users of assistive technology and are in the following formats: .pdf. .doc. Request an accessible format.
The Council provided grants to the following organisations:
- Grant of £324.80 be approved to Arthritis Care and Wessex Jitsu Club.
- Bus stop Club – £439.00 for a new fridge freezer that is essential for a new lunch delivery service.
- Ferndown Squadron ATC – £750.00 for the purchase of equipment needed to pursue annual activities.
- Ferndown Community Coronavirus Support Group – £100.00 for the publication of information leaflets.
- Arthritis Care – £324.80 for maintenance works to the flooring of minibus to transport elderly to the day centre.
- Wessex Jitsu Clulb – £324.80 for the hire of transport to national competition
- Ferndown Twinning Association – £400.00 to assist with the celebrations for the 25th anniversary of the inauguration of the signing of the charter of the twinning between Ferndown and Segre.
- Ferndown Arts Society – £400.00 to assist with the 2019/20 room rent at the Barrington Centre
- John Thornton Young Achievers Foundation – £980.00 to fund the purchase of Raspberry Pi units to support 7 pupils at Ferndown Upper School
- Ferndown Drama Group – £500.00 as a contribution to the operating costs associated with delivering plays to the community.
- All Saints Church Hampreston and Stapehill £1000.00 towards the maintenance of the graveyard
- Ferndown Upper School – £500.00 to purchase specialist tools for the school’s community garden to enable the more elderly participants to engage more actively with the garden