Telephone:01202 892 249
customerservices@ferndown.gov.uk

Longham United Reformed Church

In April 1841 the foundation stone for the Independent Chapel of Longham church was laid and just eight months later on 29 December 1841 the building was opened. The original estimate was for £1000. but the actual cost was £2919. 15s. 11d. It was generally believed in 1840 that Longham was to become a model village and that local development would rapidly follow. Joseph Notting the Pastor held the belief that a model village should have a model church. Indeed the building he produced was described as "...a spacious, substantial and imposing structure in a commanding situation, with spire and clock, quite a village cathedral…."

In October 1972 the Congregational Church united with the Presbyterian Church to become the United Reformed Church, the name under which we witness today.

Longham is part of the West Moors Group of URC churches in the area – this includes Verwood, Three Legged Cross and West Moors. Services are held every Sunday at 10.30am with a small Junior Church. Refreshments are served in the hall afterwards for continuing fellowship. Communion is held on the 4th Sunday each month and a Fair Trade stall on the 3rd Sunday.

An outstanding Pre-School meets daily in one of our halls. There are active Brownie, Beaver, Cub and Scout groups which participate in periodic parade services.The 2 large halls are used by a number of community groups and are available for hire.

A warm and friendly welcome is assured to all who would care to come and worship with us.

Contact Details

Contact Name: Jean Finlay - Church Secretary

Address

Longham United Reformed Church, (Opposite Haskins Garden Centre)
Longham 
Ferndown
BH22 9AW

Telephone: 01202 872656

Mobile: 07757 644398

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.