Cafe Supervisor (Cook)
- Initial contract up to 31st March 2022 and then renewed annually after a review.
- To provide for the day-to-day management of the Café including food preparation, cooking, stock and menu management and serving customers. To ensure that the Café service is consistent and that all health, safety & hygiene policies are always adhered to. To provide support to the General Manager when required including catering for performers and other room hirers when requested.
- To act as one of two Supervisors with responsibility for the management and safe running of the Café and the supervision of Hospitality Assistants while on shift. This role will require some weekend work.
- Keyholder able to open and lock up the building.
- Day to day management of the café including stock control, management & ordering
- Cashing up and daily income reports
- Serving customers
- Cleaning service and customer areas after each shift
- Food preparation, handling, and cooking
- Bar service when requested
- On Shift Bar stock management
- Adhering to all legal requirements for Health & Safety including food storage and preparation and any covid secure measures in place at the BC.
- Maintenance of the menu and development of the Cafe offerings in consultation with the General Manager.
- The work is a manual role in the main including cooking, cleaning, serving customers and cashing up. Whilst there is some administration tasks such as stock ordering this role is primarily a customer-facing service role.
Reference ID: BCCS/21
Contract length: 6 months
Expected start date: Immediate
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: £9.50 per hour.