Ferndown Town Council is acutely aware of the inconvenience to our residents and visitors because of the ongoing traffic and parking issues. We are working closely with stakeholders to try to improve this situation for the benefit of our community.
Notice of making a Public Spaces Protection Order under Anti-social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014 TAKE NOTICE that:
1. Dorset Council has carried out the necessary consultation on its proposal to make The Dorset Council Dog Related Public Spaces Protection Order 2020 (the PSPO’) in accordance with section 72 of the above Act.
2. The PSPO has now been made in accordance with section 59 of the Act and it comes into force on the 1st January 2021 and will expire on the 31st December 2023
3. For further information on the content of the Order, penalty levels, maps and exemptions see https://www.dorsetcouncil.gov.uk/environmental-health/dog-wardenservice/responsibilities-of-a-dog-owner.aspx
4. Under the provisions of section 66 of the Act an interested person may apply to the High Court within 6 weeks from the date that the PSPO is made to question its validity on the grounds that:
(a) that the local authority did not have the power to make the order or variation, or to include particular prohibitions or requirements imposed by the order (or by the order as varied); (b) that a requirement under Chapter 2 of the Anti-social Behaviour Crime and Policing Act 2014 was not complied with in relation to the order.
5. An ‘interested person’ is defined by section 66(2) of the Act as being an individual who lives in the restricted area or who regularly works in or visits that area.
Dated this 27th day of October 2020
Head of Community & Public Protection